Members Only Contest
Greetings Fellow Musky Anglers,
To be very brief Chapter 12 (HEADWATERS) is asking ALL members to register your fish. Every "Caught & Released" fish 30 inches and larger can be registered.
The ONLINE REGISTRATION through Muskies Inc. is where this process can be done, you can do this on the side tab of Fish Registration. Should you find difficulty in the online registration, there is a hard copy in a PDF file also found on this page. Should you have difficulties in this process you also have the final option of contacting directly our Fish Registration Director, Dale Peterson. Dale can be reach at:
8247 Lost Lake Dr West
St. Germain, WI 54558 Phone: 715-542-2012
Hard copies can be mailed to this location as well. Chapter 12 is one of the largest chapters in MI if not THE largest; chapter 12 would like to be a leader in many aspects including Fish Catch & Release.
HEADWATERS MEMBERS ONLY FISHING CONTEST
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This is "TOTAL RELEASE" Muskie Contest Only. No kept Muskies will be accepted. ALL MUSKIES MUST BE RELEASED.
2. Entrant must be a member in good standing of the Headwaters Chapter of Muskies, Inc. prior to catching the Muskie. A person becomes a member when their dues are received by the Administrative Secretary at the Corporate Offices, or is received by a member of the Headwaters Chapter Board of Directors. Muskies caught before becoming a member of the Headwaters Chapter will not be accepted.
3. Muskies must be caught on legal sport fishing tackle (Hook & Line) in the
4. The Muskie must be hooked and played by only one person and only that person may enter the Muskie in the contest. Assistance in landing the Muskie is permitted.
5. The minimum size for all released Muskies entered will be 30 inches regardless of local, state, or provincial laws. All fractions of inches will be rounded off to the nearest inch for awarding points. A fraction that is 1/2 inch or more will be rounded up to the next inch. Any fraction less than 1/2 inch will be dropped. Note: A Muskie that is smaller than 30" is not rounded up to make it legal. All musky will be measured from the tip of the lower jaw to the farthest tip of the tail.
6. Points for the "Total Release" Fishing Contest are awarded as follows: 4 points per musky plus 1 point for every inch over 30 inches.
LENGTH POINTS LENGTH POINTS LENGTH POINTS
30 - 4 40 - 14 50 - 24
31 - 5 41 - 15 51 - 25
32 - 6 42 - 16 52 - 26
33 - 7 43 - 17 53 - 27
34 - 8 44 - 18 54 - 28
35 - 9 45 - 19 55 - 29
36 - 10 46 - 20 56 - 30
37 - 11 47 - 21 57 - 31
38 - 12 48 - 22 58 - 32
39 - 13 49 - 23 59 - 33
7. There will be (5) five separate release divisions as noted below:
b. Women's Open Division: Open to all women members 18 years of age or older who have not been a previous winner in the Women's Open Division.
c. Men's Open Division: Open to all male members 18 years of age or older who have not been a previous winner in the Men's Open Division.
d. Women's Masters Division: Open to those who have previously won the Women's Open Division must participate in this division.
e. Men's Masters Division: Open to those who have previously won the Men's Open Division must participate in this division.
f. Headwater’s Chapter Hall of Fame Division consisting of Headwaters Members (men, women or juniors) who have won the Master’s Division, or Junior’s Division three or more times in the Headwaters Chapter. Once a member has entered into this division, the member would remain in this division with the exception of Junior Members who would move into the next division (Men’s or Women’s) when they are eligible. All fish would still be entered into the Masters/Juniors division for Lunker of the Month awards.
8. Lunker of the Month Awards; The largest released Muskie for each month in each division will receive a Lunker of the Month Award. The Muskie must be:
a. 40 inches or longer. Except for the Junior Division where the largest legal Muskie will be recognized.
b. Photographed and the photo is required by the end of the year (December 31) to be sent to the Chairman of the Members Only Fishing Contest in order to be eligible for the "Lunker of the Month" and "Big Fish of the Year" awards. Photos will not be returned!
c. Muskie registrations without photos will not be eligible for Lunker of the Month Awards or Big Fish of the Year Award.
9. All entries must be recorded on a Muskie Inc. Fishing Contest Entry blank or entered online. Entry blanks are found in Muskie Inc. magazine and the Muskies Inc. website (muskiesinc.org). They are also available from your Fishing Contest chairperson and at Chapter meetings. Entry blanks may be copied for recording additional Muskies caught.
10. Fishing Contest Entry blanks must be:
a. FILLED OUT COMPLETELY on the front page or online to be eligible for points or awards. This includes the name of the body of water and bait used. THIS REGULATION WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED TO COMPLY WITH THE PURPOSES OF MUSKIES, INC.
b. Mailed, entered online or received within 30 days of the date of the catch, to the Headwaters Fishing Contest Chairperson.
8247 Lost Lake Dr. (West)
11. Photographs of released muskies are encouraged. However, stress on the musky should be kept to the absolute minimum and the musky returned to its environment as soon as possible. Muskies should be photographed in a horizontal position only or in contact with or in close proximity of the water. Only those photographs taken in this manner will be forwarded to Muskies Inc. Magazine or included in our newsletter.
12. A contest review committee will be established to review all disputes or questions on entered muskies. They will arbitrate any dispute and their decisions shall be accepted as final. The committee members are: Elmer Jensen, Joe Koschnik,
a. The largest Muskie caught and released by any Junior member will receive a free graphite Muskie mount from Fittante Taxidermy Studio - courtesy of Fittante Taxidermy Studio & Headwaters Chapter Muskies Inc.
b. The largest Muskie caught and released by any man over 18 years will receive $250 off a graphite Muskie mount from Rick Lax Taxidermy- courtesy of Headwaters Chapter. In the event of a tie for largest muskie, the $250 will be split equally among all winners.
c. The largest Muskie caught and released by any woman over 18 years will receive $250 off a graphite Muskie mount from Fittante Taxidermy Studio - courtesy of Fittante Taxidermy Studio. In the event of a tie for largest muskie, the $250 will be split equally among all winners. The Men's and Women's award will switch between taxidermists each year, so on even years the Men's will be done by Fittante and the Women's by Lax.
d. If the person winning the $250 certificate does not want to use the certificate, then the 2nd largest fish in the Men's and Women's division will be offered the certificate. If they do not want to use it, the final person to be offered the certificate will be the 3rd place person. We will only go down 3 places. If the 3rd person does not want the certificate, then it will not be awarded to anyone.
e. You can use this award only once per person. If you have won the award and used it once before, you can not win it again and it will then go to the next longest release in that division that has not used the award before. If you do not want to use the award for that year and you win the award in a future year you can still accept the award for the later year. This applies for Mens, Womens and Juniors Divisions. Juniors would be eligible for another award once they move into the Mens or Womens Division.
f. All Division winners will receive a trophy recognizing their achievement from the Headwaters Chapter at the Annual Banquet.
g. All Lunker of the Month Award winners will receive an award at the Annual Banquet recognizing their achievement. All junior members who caught and released muskies during the season will receive a personalized certificate at the annual banquet.