MUSKIES NEED YOUR HELP!
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO
PROMOTE CATCH & RELEASE
MUSKIE STOCKING RESOURCE EDUCATION
EDUCATION IS OUR THEME
Headwaters Chapter monies and members efforts is utilized by doing the following projects:
- Installed KNOW THE DIFFERENCE signs and EURASIAN MILFOIL signs at 111 Vilas County Lakes
- Bought and distributed KNOW THE DIFFERENCE fishing license holders
- Headwaters Members trained in Boat Safety and give classes throughout the year
- Purchased ten 5′ wide handicap piers for various lakes
- Assisted financially with the improvements of 22 boat landings throughout Vilas County
- Major Supporter of Kids Fishing Days financially and with personnel
- Donate to the Ben Bendricks Scholarship Fund
- Financial support to the Three Lakes Fish and Wildlife Improvement Association
- Financial support to the Trophy Lake Research Project by the DNR
- Financial support for stocking the Eagle River Chain of Lakes
- Headwaters stocked of Muskies in area lakes
- Contributed financially to new park and docks on Yellow Birch Lake
- Headwaters Chapter has hosted Muskies Inc. state and international functions
We have 3 major fund raisers
- Alliance Boat Raffle
- Spring Awards Banquet
- Spring Classic Tournament
All monies made from our fund raisers are used for local grants and services.
We provide yearly grants and services to the area in dock and landing projects.
On our Eagle River Chain we have paid for and installed Braywood’s landing and pier. Eagle Lake’s landing and pier, Mud Creek’s pier, and had given monies for the T docks landing and piers.In 2008 we made and installed 15’x30′ landing on Seven Mile Lake and have installed numerous other landings and piers throughout Vilas and Oneida counties.
Contribute yearly to Vilas and Oneida County Forestry department for the building of landings and related projects in our county forests.
Contributed to Eagle River Chain of Lakes for Milfoil treatment.
Contributed for the Handicapped fishing pier on star Lake.
Installed roll in pier at Muskellunge Lake (Oneida)
With our Commitment to our Youth, we contribute to, and help man these yearly programs:
$1,000.00 Headwaters Chapter M.I. Steven Bassler Sr. Memorial Scholarship Program (Provided yearly to an area youth continuing their education in a Conservation field)
In addition to many other worthy organizations or projects.
Collect food at our Spring Awards Banquet for Vilas County Food Pantry
Our Chapter is on an upwardly mobile course to grow, prosper and share our resources.
These are some of the activities and accomplishments that Headwaters Chapter has been able to achieve.